Terms of Deposit
September 20, 2021
These terms (“Terms”) form a contract between you (hereinafter referred to as “Client”, “you” or “your”) and Karey Kelly and Bridget Lancioni operating as RagdollKittensByKelly.com (hereinafter referred to as the “Seller” or “we”) that governs your Deposit, Purchase of Kitten and Health Guarantee. Client agrees to be bound by these Terms, which may be modified anytime by Seller, with or without notice and all such modifications become effective in accordance with the posting date listed above (hereinafter referred to as the “Agreement”). Seller and Client are referenced herein individually as the “Party” and collectively as the “Parties”.
Overview, How it Works:
All Deposits are fulfilled in the order received and in accordance with your preferences for color, pattern and sex of Kitten. When your number is up for lack of a better word, we contact you and show you the available Kittens that meet your preferences. It could be one Kitten or three Kittens to choose from. It depends where we are in the process. Some Clients choose their Kitten from pictures or videos while others prefer to come in person when the Kitten is 4 weeks old to make their selection.
We may take one Deposit on a designated Queen for 1st Pick of each litter. See Package 4 for additional details, otherwise, all Deposits are fulfilled in the order received, in accordance with your preferences for color, pattern and sex. Lead times vary from 1-5 months. In some instances, we may post a Kitten with custom pricing on the available Kittens tab. Such pricing will supersede the pricing herein.
Please note, all Deposits are for pet kittens unless Breeding Rights or Show Quality is selected (Package 5). If a Client does not like the Kitten they are presented with (which never happens) you may roll the Deposit forward once, to the next available litter.
Your Kitten may come from either:
Karey Kelly – Corona, CA
Bridget Lancioni – Trabuco County, CA
Your Kitten will come with its first vaccine and vaccine record. Upon request and after your Kitten has been selected we will provide you with a couple video or picture updates of your Kitten and/or its littermates so you can watch them grow and develop. All Clients receive a gift bag with a small bag of dry food, snacks and some cute toys.
Call Karey Kelly first at (951) 534-1115 with any questions or potential lead times since we may have a waitlist. After we have discussed your preferences, and we have both agreed to proceed, you may make a Deposit by using the “Buy Now” link at the bottom of this page based in accordance with your preferred Kitten selection.
Blue or Seal Point: $2700
Mitted Point, Chocolate and Lynx Points: $2900
Any Bicolor or Lilac: $3100
1st Pick of a Litter on a Designated Queen: $3300
Show Quality or Breeding Rights: $4500
Non Refundable Deposit: $1000 using the BuyNow link below.
Balance is paid in person and in cash when the Kitten goes home. We no longer accept Venmo or Zelle for final payment. Unfortunately we had a client dispute its final payment to us. We had no recourse. Not even a copy of our client’s drivers license, to serve them etc. When our client takes its Kitten home, final payment is in cash only. Initial Deposit via PayPal is fine.
The Fine Print
Client acknowledges and agrees to the following:
1. Call, text or email for specific details of upcoming litters and timelines or potential waitlist before making your deposit. All Deposits are fulfilled in the order received, in accordance with your preferences for color, pattern and sex of Kitten.
2. Our Breeder cats produce the following:
Blue, Seal, Chocolate, Lilac, Lynx and Fawn Points.
Blue, Seal, Chocolate, Lilac, Lynx and Fawn Bicolors.
Sometimes the Points will have White Mittens and/or Blaze.
3. Your Kitten will be picked up at 8 weeks old. We offer a 5-day grace period, otherwise, a fee of $30 per day applies up to a maximum of 7 days. Thereafter the Deposit is forfeited and Kitten will be rehomed to another party.
4. Client will either be provided pictures and video of the Kitten, or if they choose, Client may come in person to confirm its Kitten selection. Dependent where we are at the litter cycle it could be 1 Kitten or 3 Kittens to choose from.
5. If Client does not like the picture or available Kitten when in person (which never happens), Client’s Deposit will be rolled forward once to a subsequent litter.
6. Client agrees to take its Kitten to a veterinarian within 72 hours of pick up in order to ensure the health of its Kitten at the time of possession. Please ensure your veterinarian uses a killed virus for vaccines. Seller is not responsible for a vaccine reaction to your Kitten if your veterinarian uses a live virus.
7. The Client agrees to not vaccinate for FIP, as an FIP vaccine will void this health guaranty.
8. Declawing can cause personality changes that the Seller will not be responsible for.
9. Unless the Kitten is purchased with agreed to breeding rights, within 7 months of your Kitten’s date of birth, Client agrees and will spay or neuter its Kitten by its veterinarian.
10. TICA pedigrees of the Queen and Sire’s are not provided to Client unless the Client has purchased breeding rights as further explained below.
11. TICA registration paperwork is only provided if the Parties have agreed to breeding rights and Seller will provide such TICA registration paperwork with breeding rights and a copy of the Queen and Sire’s pedigrees when your Kitten goes home or as soon as practical and upon receipt of such from TICA.
12. The Seller guarantees that the above kitten is free of FeLV (Feline Leukemia Virus), and FIV (Feline immunodeficiency Virus or Feline AIDS).
13. The Seller will have all age-appropriate vaccinations completed on the Kitten at the time of pick up.
14. If your Kitten or cat described above dies within two (2) years from Kittens date of birth due to hereditary or congenital defects, the Seller will replace the Kitten or cat when proof of defect in the form of a complete autopsy report from a licensed veterinarian who was treating the cat at the time of death and such is received by the Seller. Speculation on cause of death will not substitute for a complete, independent autopsy.
15. If the Seller replaces any Kitten for any of the reasons described above, the Seller is not obligated to replace the exact color or pattern, however, Seller will use commercially reasonable efforts to provide same or similar Kitten.
16. The Seller is not obligated to replace the Kitten or Cat for any other reasons other than those stated in this Agreement. There will be no refunds unless determined at the sole discretion of the Seller. If Seller has an unexpected complication and cannot fulfill the Client with a Kitten as agreed, Seller will refund the Deposit.
17. No warranty expressed or implied for color or pattern. All Kittens are born white and colors/patterns develop differently. For example, Blues and Seals can be difficult to identify if the Kittens are selected as early as 4 weeks old and colors/patterns will continue to develop for up to two (2) years.
18. CLIENT UNDERSTANDS ITS KITTEN MAY COME FROM ANY OF THE TWO (2) LOCATIONS ABOVE. KAREY AND BRIDGET BOTH HAVE THE SAME BUSINESS PRACTICES. YOU ARE WORKING WITH BUSINESS PROFESSIONALS WITH CLEAN, IMMACULATE HOMES, CATERING TO INDIVDUALS WITH A SENSE OF STYLE AND CLASS. YOUR KITTEN GETS THE BEST UPBRINGING AND SOCIALIZATION POSSIBLE. WE ARE THE ONLY FIRST CLASS, FULL SERVICE MODEL, WITH THE HIGHEST INDUSRRY STANDARDS!!
19. Confidential Information mean means: (i) non-public information which either Party learns, by whatever means, about the other Party in the course of performance of this Agreement; (ii) and the terms and existence of this Agreement and the nature and details of the Parties’ business relationship. The term “Confidential Information” does not include any information that: (i) is or becomes generally available to the public other than as a result of a disclosure by the Parties or their representatives; (ii) was available to the receiving Party without a duty of confidentiality prior to its disclosure by the disclosing Party; (iii) becomes available to the receiving Party from a source other than the other Party or its representatives, provided that such source is not known to be subject to any prohibition against transmitting the information; or (iv) is disclosed pursuant to an order of court or government agency.
20. Upon request, Client may request a quote for delivery of the Kitten. Should your Kitten be delivered from Seller’s home to Client’s home, Client bears the risk of loss, plus cost of transportation which will be mutually agreed to in advance leveraging a third party pet delivery service. Your Kitten will be shipped FOB Shipping Point. We do not ship any Kittens on airplanes, only local delivery service for a fee.
21. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, Seller reserves the right to revoke the sale of any Kitten, refuse Client a Kitten, at any time, for any reason, and Seller will timely return the Deposit to Client, less any applicable fees incurred by Seller which is typically from PayPal for 3.5% of the amount of Deposit.
22. To ensure your kitten will acclimate to his/her new surroundings, Karey feeds the Kittens and Adult Cats Wellness CORE Grain Free Dry Cat food. Karey’s cats prefer Turkey, Turkey Meal & Duck Formula. Bridget feeds her Kittens Royal Canin Kitten Food. We give you a small bag of the food we feed them. You can use that to slowly transition to your own preferred brand.
23. For the Kittens Karey uses Arm and Hammer (Burgundy box for multiple cats) which can be found at Petco or for our Adult Cats and Litter Robots we use Tidy Cats Light Weight from Chewy.com. Bridget uses Tidy Cats Naturally Strong which can be found at Petco.
24. Client will be provided a vaccine record by Seller with age appropriate vaccines when your Kitten goes home.
25. Do not allow multiple vaccinations on the same day!! Always require that your veterinarian use only killed vaccines as Ragdolls can have shot reactions and worse using modified live or live vaccines. Do not vaccinate for FIP!! Due to the controversy surrounding the FIP vaccine, and due to the fact that your Ragdoll will be strictly an indoor cat, your health guaranty will be void if you allow your cat to receive the FIP vaccine.
Karey Kelly, Owner/Breeder
Kelly’s Ragdolls, Horvath St, Corona, CA 92883
Cell (951) 534-1115
TICA – 1152278 RagdollsByKelly
Operating as Ragdollkittensbykelly.com
Via Del Nido, Trabuco Canyon, CA 92679
Make Your Deposit
Please contact Karey Kelly BEFORE making your Deposit. Thank you!
Years ago I rescued a Ragdoll. He was a wonderful cat. I have since learned that many of his wonderful characteristcs (his affection, mellowness, and wonderful socialization) were part of his breed. When I went looking for a kitten I decided that is exactly what I wanted and couldn’t have found a better breeder than Karey. She kept me posted and educated me throughout the adoption and far beyond (I have a LOT of questions). But most importantly, she raises her cats in a home environment and actively socializes them so that they easily transition to their new homes. My 8 week old kitten was completely fine with all the friends and kids who wanted to meet and cuddle with him. He went “full ragdoll” and just lolled in everyone’s arms. He doesn’t love the vacuum cleaner but does not startle from almost any other noise and just continues with his delightful play.
From night one he has cuddled up next to my head and slept through the night. From time to time I will wake up and realize he is not sleeping but quietly sitting right next to me.
Yes, this is part of the breed but it is also about the excellent home life these kittens have with Karey.
Artu already has a fan club and I have already recommended Karey to two people — including my electrician who had a Ragdoll for years and was almost in tears when he met Artu.
Karey Kelly is the most amazing Ragdoll Kitten Breeder you could ever wish for!!! We found our beautiful, sweet, and affectionate kitten through “Ragdoll Kittens by Kelly.” Karey was so sweet, caring and kind to me with all of our interactions. Karey made the process of selecting our kitten, and bringing him home so effortless, easy, and enjoyable. Karey takes care of her cats and kittens in her beautiful home. I love that Karey is an “In Home” breeder because she provides such a personal, loving, caring, and safe atmosphere for the kittens to be born into, and raised for the first 8 weeks of their lives. Karey gives the kittens her affection, love, and exceptional care from the moment they are born. For all of these reasons, I believe that Karey Kelly is a “one in a million” Ragdoll Kitten Breeder! She is an absolute gem, and I highly recommend her to anybody who is looking for a Ragdoll Kitten to call their own!!!
Our Amazing Cat Room
Bridget and I both have the same business practices. You are working with business professionals with clean, immaculate homes, catering to individuals with a sense of style and class. Your kitten gets the best upbringing and socialization possible. We are the only first class, full service model, with the highest Industry standards!! Your kitten is raised in a life of luxury!!